Sunday, June 29, 2008

Beware of NuSkin aka NSE Philippines

I am through with all the bullshit this company has been putting up with me and my friends. They are wasting our money, time, and gasoline through misrepresentations and "kidnap" strategies, that is why I decided to create this blog and expose it country wide for every Filipino to see and take note of.

I was victimized by their bullshits twice, and many of my friends cancelled their important meetings because of these people from NuSkin Philippines saying that this is a business expansion and they need an exectuive director for this.

I am a businesman and I run 2 busineses already that are making huge amounts of income, therefore, I have no interest in these networking or MLM schemes. Whenever someone offers me to join in one, I always turn them down and nothing can convince me to join one.

Allow me first to share you my experiences and then I will share you my friends. Along the way, I will be highlighting key words. Those are the words you guys should take note of incase you get calls or emails from these people.

Incident # 1:
I got a call from this doctor saying that he was referred to me and that he is in need for a business partner for the expansion of a distribution business. Being the businessman I am, I was quite interested. In business, when we say expansion, we mean branching out or opening new divisions. Partner also meaning you own shares in the business. I then asked him what is the name of your company and he said it quite fast NSE Philippines. My mistake of not Googling it, but I clearly asked him "is this a networking or multi-level marketing offer" and he said "no it is not". He then told me to go to the 15th floor of the Octagon Bldg in Meralco Ave, ORtigas Center. On that day, I canceled two meetings because of this thinking that this is a new biz investment and not an MLM or Networking thing given the fact that he said it is not MLM or networking. Ok, so when I got to Octagon, I went to the guard to sign in the log book and guess what I saw, "NuSkin 15/f". I cursed really loudly saying "PUTANGINANG MGA NUSKIN NA YAN!!!" because I canceled an important meeting for this just to find out that it was a networking company I previously denied.

So pissed, I decided to take revenge and I called him saying would be in Octagon by 8:30pm. Meeting time was 6pm and I was actually there 5:30! I left right away. I called back at 8pm and I said I will be there 9:30pm and he said that he will wait. 9:45 came and he called me asking where I was and I said "on the way in EDSA, I will be there in 20 mins", but I was actually at home already. He then kept calling and I never picked up my phone.

I had to run from Laguna to Ortigas just to put up with this bullshit! Wasted more than 600 pesos gas in effect.


Incident # 2:
I got an email from this guys asking me if I would like to be a trainer for the T Harv Eker Secrets of the Millionaire Mind Seminar, and since I love teaching people how to be good entrepreneurs, I said "of course, but what is this all about?" He then called me up on my cellphone and told me that he is looking for members for his team elite that not only makes loads of money but will be training people also to do this. I said that I am interested but I asked him "are you sure this is not an invite to an MLM or networking company" and he said "no". I said "are you sure because if this is, better not waste your time on me because no convincing will let me join a single MLM or networking company" and he even said "it is not, I am telling you this is a training program based on Harv Eker's Secret of the Millionaire Mind." I then scheduled it in Greenbelt at Italianis Restaurant Dinner Time.

When we met, we first ordered food and I ordered an expensive pizza, then he talked about the training program but guess what, he said that there is practical training through fieldwork and I said "whaaaaaaa????" and then he said "you will also be part of an international company distributing health products..." and then I cut him short "wait, is this NuSkin?" and he said "actually, this company is..." when I again cut him short and asked with a raised tone "Is this NuSkin?"

He then gave in and said "yes it is" but before he can start yapping, I said in a loud voice that people can hear me "BULLSHIT! I ASKED YOU OVER THE PHONE IF THIS IS NETWORKING AND YOU SAID NO! DONT BULLSHIT ME FUCKER! NUSKIN IS MLM AND YOU SAID THIS IS NOT ONE! YOU FUCKIN WASTED MY TIME MORON! YOU AND YOUR NUSKIN COMPANY SHOULD BURN IN HELL! PAY FOR THE FOOD!" I then slammed the table and left. He was stunned!

The following week, I asked the staff of Italianis what happened to him and they told me that he did not have enough money to pay so he called up a firend to borrow money from because the bill was 1.5k.


Here are some of my friend's experiences:

Incident 1: (This came directly from her blog)
I generally don't bother to answer calls from numbers I don't recognize. I was in the middle of something when someone called me, ang cute kase ng phone number nya puro 2, kaya sinagot ko haha. Sabi niya... she is from a US Based Multinational Company and offering a part-time job with a compensation of 20-30k monthly.

They were looking for a Junior Executive DAW at ni refer daw ako ng friend ko. Kase sabi ng friend ko DAW I have the qualities that they are looking for... HARDWORKING (ahem!), COMITTED AND DEDICATED TO WORK(ay tama ule), COMPETITIVE AND GOAL ORIENTED(ako talaga hinahanap nila). Tapos sabay tanong niya... is that TRUE Ms.Gail?
Syempre sagot ko YES! =)) hahaha!

Meron pa sya tanong na kung studying or working na daw ba ako. Sabi ko studying, ask nya where? sabi ko UP sabay sabi nya... Our company is looking for people from UP, Ateneo, UST and Lasalle. Ang bilis kasi magsalita nito hindi ako makatanong. Basta haba pa ng usapan namin na puro siya lang nagsasalita at sinasagot ko lang tanung nya. Then she asked me when can I go to their office for a job interview. I told her that I am busy this week. Sabi ko next week pa open sched ko. "How about Monday next week? Are you free?" she said. E wala pa naman ako sked on Monday saka mukhang magandang job to saka pwede part time e. Napa OO tuloy ako sabay sab niya "Ill just text you the details and please wear Smart casual."

Here's her text message,
My name is Ms. Gyzel Japones, My office is located at 15th floor octagon bldg. San Miguel Ave., Ortigas Pasig. See you on Monday by next week, it's 3:30pm June 23.

Parang duda ko sa name... Japones? meron ba ganun? I googled it, walang result.

She did not even give the name of the company, So i texted her again asking what's their company's name. When she replied, she said "NSE Philippines."

I googled NSE Philippines.... VOILA!

Salamat sa mga bloggers, there a lot of blogs out there ranting about NSE Philippines. Hindi naman ako gnun nlng maniniwala noh! Yung mga nabasa ko na blogs 2007 pa at hindi pa NSE Philippines ang ginagamit nila kundi Synergy One Global. Hello? 2008 na at bakit hindi ko alam to? May pa Junior executive pang hinahanap eh NETWORKING lang pala to. TAE!!!


Incident 2:
A friend of mine one time wanted to borrow money from me to fly back to Davao. Well guess the reason why?

My friend lives in Davao and is looking for a job based in Davao to take care also of her sick mom.

She got a call from NSE Philippines, a distributorship for health and consumer products and they are looking for an executive badly needed na daw and she was told this was sure already. My friend who was so excited for it. She even never applied in NSE but was excited by the news. She was told that the interview will be held in Manila at the 15th floor Octagon bldg., Ortigas Center, hence, she sold her cellphone for a one way plane ticket. She even told her mom about this and her mom was happy and allowed her to work in Manila because the position seemed high. According to her, the offer was up to 50k per month and for a life in Davao, that was very high that she can clearly support her mom.

What she wanted was a job, and not a member ship in any MLM or networking. The following week when she got to Manila, she went straight to Octagon bldg. at the 15th floor or the floor of the scammers! Guess what, when she got there, she cried. She said no to NuSkin way before and when she met the one who invited her, she could not help but pour out her sorrows for bullshiting about this!

In the first place, why didn't the invitor even ask her about her situation and the invitor knew she was in Davao and flew to Manila for this. My friend had no 20k, the joining fee for NuSkin and she flew to Manila coz she wanted an immediate job with a fixed 15-30 salary.

She right away gave me a call, of course nahihiya siya but when she told me what happened, I told her not to give back the money I lent her for the plane ticket back to Davao. I booked her a flight and I paid it instead. I also gave her extra cash incase of anything. See, I lost another 2k due to the NuSkin bullshit!


To you readers thinking of joining this as a training to be a good entrepreneur, do you think misrepresenting and misleading people is the proper way of doing business? Yes you may make money from NuSkin, but for how long? Have you even ever thought of how many people you may get pissed off?

That is what NuSkin training is all about. Misrepresenting, misleading and lying to other people or "potential investors". These are not the only incidents of NuSkin people bullshitting, but there is just so much of it!

Now, do not think I am writing this because I am part of another MLM or networking, absolutely wrong. I feel all MLM companies in the Philippines are like NuSkin, that is why I do not want to join a single one. I do not want to lose potential business, nor be called a scammer! I am not a liar too! Why not say "yes it is networking" when being asked in the start? Afraid of losing people? Dont you guys think it is even more stupid not to say it MLM and when you meet up with the person, you admit it actually is? I think that is more bullshit then anything!

They teach you daw to be professional businessmen. Professional?

Is misrepresenting a show of a professional businessman?

Is lying a show of a professional businessman?

If you think it is, I can't wait to watch you on the evening news being sued in court!

Now that you all know the keywords, what are you to do?

1. Ask them what company and what is the nature of the biz. Normally, they give you a phone call and from there, you have to extract the eggs. NuSkin people makes use of those words above, so take note of them. If they say "NSE PHILIPPINES", then that is NuSkin. If they do not give you a direct answer but instead says "me and my partners will discuss the business with you", then read below.

2. Once you get that, ask if it is MLM or multi-level marketing. If they say "it is not", ask what it is. If they say we sell consumer products and health care, ask them to email you a visual material. If they do not do that, then its networking. Put down the phone in that case, but do not forget to tell them you are not interested.

3. To make sure, ask for their email addresses. If they say that it is not an MLM or networking or anything like it, ask them to sign an agreement. You may email or fax it. Put their if it is an MLM company or networking, they will pay for your food, gas, and parking plus you have the option to join or not. Normally, they will not do this unless they got money to waste. If they say yes, you choose the resto and get an expensive one.


Remember, a non-mlm company will even send you company profiles and pictures.

4. About the seminar, ask about the name of the seminar sponsor and do research on google. NSE or NuSkin makes use of reknowned entrepreneurial seminars like Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad Poor Dad, or Harv Eker's Secrets of the Millionaire Mind.


The reason why I am writing this against NuSkin and maybe later on against those MLM companies here who does unethical business practices is because of what has happened to me and my friends. I just feel I can't take their bullshits and victimizing anymore, especially to what happened to my friend from Davao.

I will be posting more stories here about these scammers!

If you guys got your stories, email them to me

boycottnuskin@gmail.com

I will post them up here.